Saturday, April 14, 2012

Flat Stanley Joins the Air Force

 Dear Drew:

Guess what?  I joined the Air Force!  Okay, maybe I didn't join the Air Force, but after the Calvin's took me to Eielson Air Force Base just east of North Pole, I've been dreaming of flying super fast jets through the sky at amazing speeds!  Here's the story:

It was a beautiful sunny morning in North Pole and the temperature was 50 degrees.  The Calvin's woke up early and asked if I wanted to see airplanes, jets and real live soldiers.  Of course, I was not about to pass up that opportunity.  After a quick breakfast of sausage and eggs, the three of us jumped in the car and drove 20 miles to Eielson AFB.

When we arrived, I immediately spotted F-22 Raptor fighter jets, F-16 fighter jets and C-130 transport airplanes.  I also spied soldiers next to humvees with missiles and rocket launchers.  It was amazing!

The Calvin's and I spent about an hour walking around, talking to soldiers, and snapping pictures of me.  I pretended to be a jet pilot soaring through the sky on a mission to Africa.  While sitting on top of a humvee, I pretended to be a soldier on patrol in Japan. Oh, did I go places in my imagination!

Perhaps I am too small and too flat to fly a jet, but I had lots of fun looking at all the planes, jets, and military stuff.  Maybe tonight, I will dream of flying off into the wild blue yonder!

For now,
Flat Stanley
 This nice lady held me up so I could see the C-130!

 Here I am with an F-22 Raptor!

 Do you see a missile in this picture?

Humvees and soldiers all around!

 This bomb was ginormous!

 This soldier gave me a high five 
after showing me the rocket launchers!

 This is a cover for the jet engine on the C-130.

 These people let me sit on top of the humvee with them!

 This soldier gave me a special tour of the humvee.

 This is an F-16 fighter jet.

The  nice lady also held me up next to an F-16.

No comments:

Post a Comment