Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend in Alaska!

Dear Drew:

Easter weekend in North Pole, Alaska was fun!  On Sunday, the Calvin's took me to downtown North Pole and to the Post Office where they get their mail.  I took a couple of pictures of the post office because there are candy canes on the side of the sign!  Even the light posts are in the shape of candy canes!  Mr. and Mrs. Calvin took me to see Santa at the Santa Claus House, but it was closed because of Easter.  They promised to take me back to see Santa next weekend.

After a tour of downtown, the Calvin's took me to Chena River State Park.  We took a hike around the frozen river and walked through the birch trees.  Even though it was 45 degrees, the snow is still very deep.  I hope it melts before I start my trip back to Aurora!

I will write to you again, as I have more adventures!

Flat Stanley

 Here I am at the Post Office with the candy canes!


 The candy canes are so big here!


 Even the light posts are in the shape of candy canes!


 This was taken at Santa's House!


 We went hiking through the birch tree forest.


  
 The trail went on and on and on and on......


This is a snowshoe hare.  It looks a lot like the Easter Bunny!


Snowshoe hares are white in the winter.
In the spring, they start turning brown for summer.
This keeps them camouflaged from predators.

No comments:

Post a Comment